Monday, May 6, 2013

I love President Monson!

I love President Monson!!! There is no doubt in my mind that he is the living prophet. Yes, I do admit that when President Hinckley passed away I wasn't fond of President Monson, only because I grew up and loved President Hinckley so much that I felt no one could replace him. And no one can! But there needs to be a prophet, and President Monson has turned out to be one of my favorites.

A scripture in the Bible I often use to explain to non-members why we need a modern day prophet is Amos 3:7. It is so powerful because it is out of the book they already have a belief upon! It states...

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing,
 but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

This scripture is amazing, because it is so true! The Lord knows our needs and he counsels the prophet on how to lead our church in our modern day. The scriptures are very important, but the prophet's words are even more important to me. They are made for US in these MODERN days! They are to lead and guide us through these last days, to help us stay on the straight and narrow path. People too often take general conference and other broadcasts too casually. Pay attention people!! The Lord is trying to speak to you! You can't accuse the Lord of not answering your prayers if you are unwilling to listen. Open your ears, your mind, and most importantly your heart.


P.s. My mission papers have been assigned and are on their way!! I should get them on Thursday! YEEEE!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment