Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Not the "typical" Sister Missionary

As of today, my mission papers have been sent in!!! Now it's time to sit and wait...

I am a huge fan of Sister Diederich's mission blog! She is so beautiful, inside and out! Her love for others shows through her blog posts and her dedication to this work. She said something in her last post that really stuck out to me...


"I remember how hesitant I was to serve a mission.
I'm no gospel whiz, or poster child for LDS living magazine. 
I'm not a "typical" sister missionary.

But then again. No one asked me to be"

DING DING DING!! I think she read my mind. There is so many things I need to learn and work on before I leave, but I know that as I study, pray and prepare it will make all the difference. 

In my interview with our stake president, he said that he believes sisters are so incredibly spiritually ready to teach others about the Gospel. He also said I am a very influential person and will be a powerful missionary (no pressure right?). He advised me to be myself, not try to be the "typical sister missionary" as Sister Diederich said. I'm going to wear my cute skirts, curl my hair and wear my bows. I'm not the one softening people's hearts or converting the children of the Lord, that's all Him! The Lord asks us to be tools in his hand, and that's exactly what I intend to do! I want to go out everyday and have others feel the Spirit touch their hearts, just as it continually touches mine. I know this Gospel is true. I know that as I stay valiant and faithful the Lord will work through me to touch the hearts of others, and by his power, I will be able to teach with the Spirit and change lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment