Monday, June 24, 2013

My Simple Testimony

Yesterday, someone told me that the strongest tool you have on your mission is your testimony. And how do you make your testimony stronger? You share it. 

I know this church is true. This is such a simple, yet powerful statement. Hoping is different than believing, and believing is different than knowing. But yet they are all connected, they lead one to another until you know without a doubt that it is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, sent here to restore the church that Jesus Christ set up when he was on the Earth. I know the Atonement is essential in the Plan of Salvation, and that it is the only way we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet on the Earth today, and that he gets modern revelation to help us in these last days. I know that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the words of God. I know that as I live faithful, worthily, and diligently I can be with my family for all eternity. I love this Gospel, I love the Plan of Salvation, and I love my Father in Heaven.



Moroni left us with a promise, in Moroni 10:3-5

 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.
 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment