Monday, June 30, 2014

Transfer 6 week 6

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE TO A LITTLE BABY BOY! Little Autzen Brock, awe!! I love him so much already.

This week has been an absolute blur, so please excuse me if this does not make any sense at all. We had a lot of miracles this week; Temple Square is a mission of miracles! To start, we found 2 new families in Brazil! One is from Brazilia, where Sister Rangel is from. And another one is related to the family I talked about last week, Eliane's family. They attended sacrament meeting last week in the brand new branch in their city, and absolutely loved it! We are so blessed to be teaching so many families right now. Because this Gospel truly is all about families, and how we can be strengthened through Jesus Christ and his Gospel. So who better to teach than families? They all are showing so much support and encouragement to each other, and I can already see the impact the Gospel has made in their lives.
Today we took a fun tour of a father and a daughter from South Korea! Thankfully they spoke good English. And you know it is going to be a great tour when they start off by saying "We don't care about the buildings, but please tell us about your church. What you believe and where your church started." I almost cry when people say that! We taught them the whole restoration and they just soaked it up, "You mean, we have a prophet on the Earth today?!" They loved the idea of having guidance from God in these days. And after reading parts of the Book of Mormon with them in Korean, they accepted the invitation to read and pray about the book of Mormon. They are just the sweetest, and I am excited to see what is ahead for this family!

This week I have been thinking a lot about anti's. We had a BIG group of them that caused some commotion this last week at Temple Square. And it makes me so sad that some people are spending so much time trying to tear other people down. I can't imagine wanting to do that. As a missionary, I am here to uplift and strengthen people! To share the good word of God. And these people just want to tear us down and frustrate the work of salvation. I am so grateful for my firm testimony that leaves me unshaken when these whirlwinds come, because I can see how it effects some of the other sisters. My patriarchal blessing tells me numerous times that there will be forces that try to persuade me against my faith, but because of my testimony, it will have no impact upon my mission and purpose on this Earth. They are unknowingly fulfilling my patriarchal blessing. And they truly strengthen my testimony! I know for certain that the devil is going to be working very hard against Christ's church, especially in these latter days. Why don't the Catholic's have anti's? Or the Lutherans? Or the Muslims? Or the other Christian denominations? Because there is always opposition from the adversary against the truth. We have over 15 million members and we're one of the fastest growing religions. And that's for a reason! Because we simply invite people to find out for themselves; we don't try to convince them these things are true, because then they wouldn't know for themselves. But as we each read, ponder, and pray about the Book of Mormon, we all can know through out own experiences. God loves each of us, and he WILL guide us to the truth. I know that this Gospel is true. I know that, despite mush opposition and persecution, that Joseph Smith was called to be a prophet of God to restore His gospel. I know these things because I have experienced them. I didn't see Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ, I didn't receive everything I prayed for, but I did receive an answer about the Book of Mormon. And that book has absolutely changed my life. Before preparing to come on my mission, I had read it, but I hadn't really read it. When we read it with real intent, meaning we are willing to act upon the promptings we receive, then we will receive our own personal witness of it's reality. By acting on those promptings, it has brought me closer to God than anything else. I'm changing slowly but surely, because of this book. I love the Book of Mormon!
I love you all, and hope you have a great week!!

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment