Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Transfer 8 week 3

I blinked and now I am sitting here at the computer again. It still amazes me how fast time is on your mission. I feel like just yesterday I was graduating high school and going to Disneyland. Exactly 1 year ago I was at Disneyland... okay that's a little depressing. #1 thing to do when I get home: Go to Disneyland. 

This week we found and AMAZING new family. We had knocked in their neighborhood numerous times without much luck. Quite a few people answered the doors, but just were not interested. So when we asked them who they knew in their neighborhood that would be, they all pointed us in the direction of this one particular house, which we had knocked before. Just then they pulled in and started unloading some boxes. Perfect! We went over and helped them unload the car, and they told us that they are very Catholic, but that they would be interested in hearing a message. So Sister Simonsen and I went back this last Thursday, and taught them the Restoration. This was probably the most powerful lesson on my mission. Now this family, the Villareal's, are very active Catholic's. Their kids go to a Catholic school and the mother works at the school. But they are one of the most receptive families I have ever met! We all sat in a circle on the ground. And at times I found myself getting lost in the spirit, it was the most amazing thing. After I shared the first vision, I asked the eldest daughter, "How does hearing that make you feel?" She said, "It makes me feel so good to know the Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It answers a lot of questions I had..." 

I know that Heavenly Father prepares people to receive this Gospel, even if it be through other religions. I have been thinking a lot this week about teaching people who are very strong in their faith. Because typically I would think immediately that they are disinterested. But the more I thought about it, I realized that so many people are deep into faiths because they are searching for more. They are yearning to know God, and they are searching what they have received. But those who are ready, will greet the Gospel with open arms. And they will embrace it, realizing that the answers to the questions of their soul lies within the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Just like this family. The Villareal's have been prepared by God to receive the Gospel, and they are in tune with the spirit. I love seeing how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changes people. I've seen it in myself, my friends, family, and especially some of my friends who have joined the church while I've been on my mission. What an opportunity that I have to share it with the people of San Antonio. I love everything about my mission. I love the people. I love my ward. I love my fellow missionaries. And most importantly, I love the Lord. 

I hope y'all have a wonderful week. 

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment