Thursday, November 20, 2014

Transfer 10 week 2

I cannot believe that it has been a week already. So much has happened, but I feel at a loss for words.

I have continued to keep in touch with my investigators in San Antonio, such as Brother James, Christine, and Pat for the most part. The other day I called Brother James and got his voice mail. I left him a message and just a few minutes later I got a call back with a booming... "HEYYYY Sista Brock!" We had a good chat and I was pleased to hear that he is doing well. He always has a ton of questions, so it's great that he has us and Sister Risenmay back in San Antonio. We also called another investigator from San Antonio, Pat! She is just the sweetest lady ever. She has had such a hard life, and she loves the church so much. When she saw a picture of the Temple she immediately wanted to go there and was willing to do so much to get there. So when I told her the other day on the phone that I'm at that same Temple now serving my mission, she was in complete awe. She will be baptized one day.

Speaking of baptism, we have a great baptism tomorrow! It is for an awesome couple; Alli and Michael. Sister Brooks has been teaching Alli for a little while now, and she is just completely prepared and grasping on to the Gospel. She stays up in the wee hours of the night reading her Book of Mormon because she can't get enough! She brings her 3 kids to church each week and they can't stop talking about primary. A few weeks ago her husband, Michael, came along to church as well. And just that day he mentioned to her "When I get baptized..." She was so excited to hear that! We hadn't set a date for him yet though. This week we got a text from Alli asking "Hi Sisters, we have a question. What are my husband and I supposed to wear for our baptism?" We almost flipped the table over we were so excited! Michael is getting baptized tomorrow too! And we found out this week that she is pregnant with her 4th child; she will do very well in this church.

That's pretty much my update for the week! The square isn't too busy right now, but will pick up quite a bit in 3 weeks when the Christmas lights turn on. This week I got to see Sister Simonsen, one of my outbound companions, her finance, and just on my way over to email, Elder Franco from my outbound! It's so great to see familiar faces.

I love y'all and hope you have a great week! This week will be a week full of exchanges. Woohoo!

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment