Friday, April 26, 2013

Only 40  days until my last day of school... WHAT?! Where did the days go? It seems like just yesterday I was entering high school. Although these past few years have been a bit of a rocky path, I've learned and grown so much; I am feeling more blessed than ever!

What have I been up to lately?
Well I got a job!!! Yes, you may call me money bags now... kidding. I work at Plato's Closet, and because I get 25% off, it is extremely difficult to resist buying clothes. Shifting through cute clothes all day is not a hard task, but it's definitely hard to resist building my wardrobe! Guess who hasn't bought new clothes in a week though... THIS GIRL! (Yes, that is improvement for me...) 

Recently I've been volunteering in my mom's kindergarten class about once a week. I love those kids! They come from the most humble backgrounds, most with broken homes and fragile families. They've taught me way more than I have taught them! Especially when a new girl entered our class a few weeks ago, her name is Yami. She is the most precious little girl; she is also a midget. The kids treat her with so much love and everyone wants to be her best friend. It is so nice to see these kids putting aside her differences and loving her for her sweet spirit. 


Just under a month ago I had the privilege to go to general conference with my bishop, his wife and the awesome priests and laurels in our ward! It was one of the best spiritual experiences of my life. Even though we only got into the conference center for one session; watching conference on temple square, whether it be in the Joseph Smith memorial building or the tabernacle, and feeling the testimonies and spirit of those around me was an experience I'll never forget. I want to go to temple square for every general conference! If any of you didn't have the opportunity to hear Elder Holland's talk... I strongly suggest you look that up. He is such a powerful speaker that gives so many profound power statements! Elder Holland is the man! 

I am now one stake president interview away from officially turning in my mission papers!!! After a little mishap with my availability date, I am SO close to knowing where I'll be serving for some of the best 18 months of my life! I couldn't be more excited. I hope this doesn't jinx me... but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to temple square!! (Knock on wood, just to be safe!) Nevertheless, it doesn't matter where I serve, but how I serve! I have to put my whole might, mind and strength into this next year and a half. Everyone says, it's the greatest and hardest thing you will ever do in your life, but boy am I ready to get started! 

Now onto my wonderful family!!
My sister, Alli, (who took that awesome picture above) is heading out in 2 days for Florida to go work at Disney World. I feel so bad for her, having to spend everyday at Disney World... that poor girl! What a rough life. (Totally kidding.) For those who don't know my family, we are Disney FANATICS! Alli is working in Dino Land in Animal Kingdom until August, so I'll get to see her for a month or so before I leave on my mission. She is so excited for her "Disney Mission" as she calls it. 

My mom has continued to be the amazing mother she always is! I don't know how she does it. Always so supportive in everything we do and always is outside herself. I probably should have learned by now to be selfless from her wonderful example, but hey, I'm not near perfect! 

My dad has been in the stake high council for quite a few months now, building his testimony stronger each and everyday! (Don't worry, he's still a goof ball) And he hasn't lost his touch at always making me laugh every time he gets up to do stake business at the pulpit, smoldering with the congregation and standing as though he has a very important message. Oh father! 

As for Garrett and Micah, Micah just graduated from BYUI and has an AWESOME new job! She is such a superstar, I have the best sister in law! Garrett is studying at BYUI and is a manager at the testing center, so if you're a cheater... you probably don't like him. But I love my big brother, Big G! 



Well that's it for now.
Until next time, Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment