Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Road Trip!!

Hello Family!

Another jam packed week. So I'll hit a few of the highlights. To begin, Sister Taito and I are going to the Provo MTC tomorrow to do a training for some new visitors center directors. And it's a pretty big deal. And the missionary department came the other day so that we could prepare and role play with them. Not intimidating at all... but we got some amazing feedback. We were both so nervous while we were role playing, but after getting their critiques it went a lot better. Still nervous for tomorrow, but I pray it all goes well. Road trip!

This week has been pretty stressful, but thankfully my companion needed to go shopping at City Creek today.... this is unusual for her. But it was such a great stress reliever for me! Nothing like buying new clothes. Especially when Gap is having a sale.

After pondering about my mission thus far, I realized that I have especially learned how to work hard and love the difficult times. Christ suffered, so why not us? Whenever I get through something that I think is hard, and I feel like I deserve a rest; I am reminded of the Savior, and how when after He had completed his suffering in the Garden, he didn't stop there. He went and carried his cross, and took the shame of the world on His shoulders. Even after he was crucified, He didn't stop. He preached to the spirits in the spirit prison. He is truly the ultimate being for us to follow. And I am so grateful to have had my eyes open to this on my mission. This week has been trying, and I think we all have those weeks in our lives, but having true hope of overcoming is a blessing only the Gospel of Jesus Christ can bring to our life. And I know this knowledge has carried me this week. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and how it fuses into every portion of my life.

I love y'all and hope you have a stellar week.

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment