Friday, January 9, 2015

Steller week

Hello Family and Friends,

I decided to stop writing the week as the subject is because each week it progressively frightens me a little more. I cannot believe that I am less than 2 months away from finishing my mission, what a scary thought. So I decided to not think about it until the second my feet hit the lush green ground of Oregon.

This week we began transfer planning, but simply planning what Sisters will go outbound, so we turned that list in today to the Apostles to assign the sisters to their outbound. To be completely honest, when people had told me previously that our outbound assignments come back to the Apostles, I didn't believe them. But thinking back to my outbound, San Antonio was exactly where I needed to be. My companions, ward, leaders, mission president, etc. was exactly what I needed to get to where I am today, and to raise my vision for who I will be tomorrow. So I am excited to receive an email back about the assignments and see these sisters grow tremendously from this experience. Tomorrow we officially start on the actual transfer board though, and we have many exciting changes coming up next transfer. So I hope and pray that everything runs smoothly.

We have some exciting things coming up in the next couple of weeks: to begin, next Tuesday Sister Taito and I are heading down to Provo to give a training to 9 new visitor center directors at the MTC. There are only 2 visitors centers around the world that have mission presidents, the others have VC directors, and so Sister Taito and I will be going down to give them a training. Very excited for this road trip! Then shortly it will be the end of the transfer and we'll have all of our departing activities, such as going to TUCANO'S!!! And going to the Temple with the departing sisters. 

This week we have found some stellar new investigators! One was a woman who came on chat desiring to know more about the church, because she had been given a Book of Mormon by a coworker and she is already in 2 Nephi 27. She accepted to be baptized, and will hopefully begin meeting with local missionaries this week. We also got another new investigator from a member referral on chat, his name is Onimike and he lives in Nigeria. He had met with missionaries a few years ago, but wasn't able to go to church regularly because it was far from his home. But just a few short years later, we were able to discover a new chapel built in his town! And he is excited to go to church this week and is counting down the days until he will be baptized. Another one was also found from chat, we clicked on and immediately he said "Hello, I am 15 years old and want to become a Mormon. And my parents support me." Okay lets get you in the baptismal font. He's so great! And as we were talking to him, he kept saying how excited he is to really study the Gospel and learn more of Christ. He is going to be a fantastic missionary one day! And if this was all the miracles this week, I would rejoice. But yet we found another miracle. He currently lives in Chicago, but is originally from an Islamic country, with a background being Muslim. We have been teaching him for just 3 days and already he is excited to become a member of the church. Just as I was typing this email he accepted to be baptized on February 7th. He first began praying our first day teaching him, and he had admitted that he felt awkward at first, but already feels that he has received an answer that the Gospel is true. I cannot express how amazing this week was, and to be able to see so many people searching for the Gospel and wanting to be baptized. It's amazing to be a missionary.

Tonight Sister Taito and I are going over to one of our Islamic recent converts house to have some traditional Islamic food, so we're excited about that. I love y'all soooo much and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment