Monday, August 11, 2014

Transfer 7 week 3

Boy do I have a lot to tell you all this week! We had a lot of exciting things this week.

First of all, last week for P-day a few of the Sisters in my district went bowling at Fatcats! That's always fun. Then we had a very happy surprise from Chick-fil-a! They were having a "free meal deal" in which if you dressed up as a cow, you got a free meal! Always a big hit with missionaries.
But the big ordeal this week was on Saturday. Our whole mission actually got to go to a girls camp! Half went in the morning, and half in the afternoon. So my group went in the afternoon to none other than Brighton Girls camp. And can I just say that this is one of the best girls camp sites I've ever seen, well I've only seen 3, but I imagine this is one of the best. They had a ropes course and everything! So that's what we got to do. We went with our districts and did 3 different ropes course activities. Most of the Sisters in my District are from foreign countries, so they had no idea what a ropes course was. And me, coming from the land of trees, have been to my fair share of ropes courses. They are still fun, nonetheless. Our first one we went to was called the spider web (the one in the pictures) and we had to get through the spider web without touching it. And the catch is that you can only use each hole once. So we got pretty creative with it. But at the end, they asked us what this had to do with missionary work. And I didn't realize it at first, but it has so much to do with missionary work! I was the second one through the web, and it was my job to help everyone else through; to carry them across. That's the same thing with life. Now that I have seen what's on the other side, I need to help my brothers and sisters through. And not only help them through, but help them to be involved with missionary work too. We all get in different sticky situations, but the atonement of Jesus Christ allows us to try again, and again, and again. Until we've made it to the other side. And I am so blessed to be able to see the atonement of Jesus Christ working in my life as well as in the lives of so many. That is what is going to carry us through to the other side.
Another cool thing this week was that I got to announce after Music and the Spoken word! That means that we do a presentation in many different languages and invite people to take tours at Temple Square. It doesn't happen too often for English sisters, because we all speak English. So I'll send some pictures from that as well.
This morning we had the amazing opportunity to go to the Bountiful Temple. In our mission, we get to go to the Temple each transfer, but the Salt Lake Temple is actually closed for this whole transfer, so we got to go to Bountiful. And holy manole, this is one of the most beautiful Temples I've seen! It's probably tied with the Portland Temple. But there is nothing like the feeling of being in the Temple. I was thinking today about how many people have been to the Temple before, but haven't gone back. There are a lot of people who are really close to me that have made this decision, and it's heartbreaking. I don't know how anyone could ever deny that this is the House of the Lord. Even people who come to Temple Square with no knowledge about the church know that this is a very special and unique place. And that's because it is a place set apart from the world, where we can make covenants or promises with God that enable us to be with our families forever. Isn't that the ultimate goal? To be with those we love forever? Then why would we ever let anything come in between that? Maybe you have some doubts about the history of the church, or doctrine, or maybe you feel that you haven't felt the spirit in your life. But we will always have questions, only God knows all. We will always have times where we do things that pulls the spirit away, but we can repent. There should be nothing that holds us back from going to the Temple. Because you have a lot to lose if you don't. The Temple is too great to shut out of your life. Find out if the church is true; study, pray, ponder, go to church, ask God! Sincerely ask God. And then don't ever turn back on that answer. I know, in every inch of my body, that this is Christ's church. And that Temples are an essential part in His plan. I love going to His temple; feeling his spirit. And I invite each of you to prepare for the Temple; wherever you may be on your spiritual journey, whether you are not a member, less active or even an active member, point your course toward the Temple; always.
I love you all more than you know. Have a great week!!

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment