Monday, August 11, 2014

Transfer 7 week 6!

"Dear Sister Brock,
On 6 August, 2014 you will be transferred from the Utah Salt Lake City Temple Square Mission to the Texas San Antonio Mission under the leadership of President James E. Slaughter. You will return to Temple Square on 29 October, 2014."
YAYYYY!! As I'm sure most of you have heard by now, I am going outbound to San Antonio, Texas! And santo gatto am I excited. I have been 'patiently' waiting for so long to see the day where I would go outbound. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Temple Square, but I know that this is an amazing opportunity for me to work within a ward, and learn and gain experience that will improve my service here upon Temple Square. I am very excited, but also extremely nervous. All I've known my whole mission is Temple Square, I haven't had the typical mission experience. So this is all new to me. Working with local leaders/members, teaching in people's homes, not having the Temple right there, etc. There are countless differences between Temple Square and other missions, but the one thing that is the same is the what we share. That is what I have been doing for the past 10.5 months, and what I will continue to do for the rest of my life. I am here to share the thing that is the most important thing in the world to me; the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And whether I am sharing it here at Temple Square, or in San Antonio Texas, it is the same. And what an opportunity it is for me to share it with the people in San Antonio, Texas.
This week has been pretty strange; first off because I have been preparing for outbound, second because Sister Rangel has been really sick, and third because we have had these crazy thunder/lightening and rain/wind storms for the past two days. We found out about outbound on Thursday, and I was so anxious that I didn't eat for 3 days! Every time I thought about food I wanted to throw up. I lost some major weight, but thankfully in Texas everything is deep dried. I'll gain it back in no time. We also had transfer conference yesterday, so Sister Rangel is going to be with one of our Sisters from Thailand next transfer! I'll probably butcher her name but it's something like Kalumanoigh. Or at least it's pronounced like that. It's strange sending your trainee off with another sister, I feel like she doesn't belong with anyone but me! But I know she will do great things with Sister Thailand... I have been thinking about what I have learned these last two transfers. It's definitely been very hard at times, but oh-so rewarding! I have developed so many Christ-like attributes these two transfers I have been training. I am so much more patient, charitable, service oriented, and motivated by love. I have seen how everything that I do effects her. Whatever my mood is, hers is also. And the biggest thing I've learned these two transfers is to not let others determine my happiness, but to decide to be happy all the time. Because it truly is a choice! And this is the best thing someone could ever learn, because no matter what we will face in life, we will be happy.
I don't have too much time today because I need to get packing, but I am excited to tell you all about my first week next Monday! I fly out tomorrow morning at9:50, so should get there in the afternoon sometime.
I love you'll! (ready for Texas!)

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment