Monday, August 11, 2014

Transfer 7 week 4

Another beautiful and hot week has come and gone here at Temple Square. A week full of thousands of people visiting from all over the world! In the Beehive house this week, Sister Rangel and I took people from over 17 different countries this week! Including Germany, Switzerland, South Africa, Brasil, and good ol Australia. It's so amazing to serve in such an international place. I've always loved foreign exchange students, so this is the perfect place for me! In just 2 weeks though I am most likely going outbound, so I'll be going to another mission in the United States. I'll find out for sure on the 31st. Stay tuned!
Something very exciting thing this week was the Mormon Tabernacle Pioneer Day concert. It was starting shortly after Sister Rangel and I were heading home for our studies (some people have them in the morning, some at night). Our roommates had P-day that day, and they were able to get some tickets to go to the concert! We envied them. But then we found some sisters who said that they had some tickets but weren't going! So with a little internal fight, we decided to go get these tickets and have this concert as our 'studies'. Well the concert was starting in 5 minutes and the Sisters who had the tickets lived in the other apartment building up a huge hill. So we, in our dresses, ran up this hill and were trying to call the sisters to see what room they lived in. No luck. We go to the apartments and were looking around for them when we found out that they don't even live in this apartment! But that they live in the other one across the way. Again, we ran to the next apartment and finally found them. But, they only had one ticket left because they gave the other one away. So we couldn't go. We decided to just walk back to our apartment. But we decided to go in front of the Conference Center where the concert was. And the Ushers out there had extra tickets! YAY! We were so ecstatic. But once I had those tickets in my hands, I just got the most horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. I realized that I had fallen to the natural man inside me. That I was going back to the person I was before my mission. I wasn't being obedient and having my studies. So I happily gave those tickets back and went on my way to my apartment. Some of my investigators really struggle with falling into temptation of certain worldly things, and I didn't understand for a while why they couldn't overcome it. But it's the same with this concert. I knew deep down that I should stay home and have my studies, but nevertheless I still went seeking after these concert tickets! I realized that we all have our weaknesses that we fight against, and sometimes, just as I, fall to the natural man inside us. And I on my mission, as a representative of Jesus Christ, need to overcome my natural man to help others overcome their natural man. But I am grateful for this experience, that I may more fully comprehend how to help my investigators. I may not be perfect. I don't always make the best decisions. But I will surely try my best. I love everything about this Gospel, but most importantly seeing the change it has wrought in my life.
I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Sister Brock

No comments:

Post a Comment